Made by Elves

Less of an adventure more of a challenge.  I’ve undertaken an upcycle/refurb/artistic re-do project on a traveling trunk.

I found this trunk online and have be reading lots of blogs (thank you guys!) and this is my first try.

First I washed the trunk down and made sure it was clean.  There was a little rust on the lid, so I sanded it back a bit.

IMAG3608

Next I chose my colours and started painting.  I chose chalk paint as it sticks to all sorts of materials including metal.

IMAG3609

Next…I realised I had an issue…bleed through.  After more research I realised I should have used a sealant before painting…still I know.  Although I have been assured this will not have caused any damage to the trunk.

So, I sealed the trunk using a spray varnish for metal.  After applying and drying two layers I re-painted.  Having used up some of the  colours I updated the choices and applied two coats.  Once dry, I applied two further coats of varnish and this is the final result.

 

If you are interested in the trunk, it is for sale. Please do get in touch and let me know.

 

Advertisements